Cleveland Construction was contracted as the Construction Manager for the historic restoration and adaptive reuse of the Residences at Hanna, an 8-story, 152,654 SF former office building located in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Formerly named the Hanna Building Annex, the structure was originally built in 1920 and restored and converted into 102 luxury apartments.
In addition to the build-out of 102 high-end residential units, Cleveland Construction’s scope of work included the restoration of the exterior Grey Indiana Limestone façade and the interior marble corridor walls, the demolition of 2 elevator banks, the installation of one large service elevator with dual access, and preparation for future street level-retail spaces.
Construction was completed in 5 phases, with tenants taking immediate possession of the completed units throughout construction. At the time of completion, the building was the first residential project in the heart of Cleveland’s theater district.
The restoration and adaptive reuse of the Residences at Hanna building began in September 2012 and was completed in September 2013.