Cleveland Construction, Inc. celebrated the grand opening of a ground floor restaurant space located in the Residence of 1717 at the corner of Superior Ave. and E. 9th St. in Downtown Cleveland, Ohio. The newly restored space was converted into a 3,167 square-foot deli now occupied by Al’s Deli, a family-owned business established in 2005, previously located at Erieview Tower.
The construction of the space included the restoration of the original marble wall panels throughout the space, build-out for a dine-in seating area, office space, restrooms, and kitchen area. The kitchen and food prep area have new epoxy flooring throughout as well as new heat pumps, an exhaust hood, and state of the art kitchen equipment.
To transfer items from the kitchen to the basement and vice versa, the original dumbwaiter has been restored and is fully operational. Outdoor seating was also added with ornamental fencing and lighted planters. The build-out was completed in a quick turnover of 3 months to compliment the Residence of 1717, a 225-unit multi-family high-rise.
Cleveland Construction was chosen to provide preconstruction and construction management services in support of the complete restoration and adaptive reuse of the entire 21-story building scheduled to be substantially completed in Spring 2015.